How to Create a Vertical Timeline?
The Post Timeline plugin can be used to easily create vertical timelines in a few simple steps.
Before you create a timeline, you will first need to add a corresponding timeline post via the "Add New" button in the Post Timeline plugin. Otherwise, the actual timeline will not appear.
To create a vertical timeline, please follow the below steps:
- Log into your WordPress admin page
- Go to the “Post” or “Pages” section, and click on “Add New”
- On the post/page editor, click on the “+” icon to add a new block
- Type “Post Timeline Shortcode Generator”, and select this block
- Click on the “Add Shortcode” button to begin creating a vertical timeline
- Once you press the “Add Shortcode” button, a Post Timeline modal window will appear
- Go to the “Post UI” Tab and select the “vertical” option from the first “Select Template” drop-down menu
- For the vertical timeline, you can choose between 6 different templates from the second ”Select Template” drop-down menu
- Make other suitable selections in the “Settings” tab and the “Post UI” tab
- When you are done, click on the “Insert Shortcode” button
A shortcode will now appear on the page editor that represents the vertical timeline you have just created.
Furthermore, you can preview the timeline on your website by clicking on the “Preview” button.
To add the same vertical timeline on other websites, you can copy and paste the generated shortcode onto page builders such as Elementor and Visual Composer to create a vertical timeline